Saturday, October 1, 2022

The journey so far..

I walked through the beautiful streets

The roads were paved with granites 

I walked as if I'm the master.

I ignored those who beautified my way.

Insulted some, scolded many.

But I enjoyed my walk. 

Desperate people ran away from me.

I didn't care though.

I walked for kilometers. 

The road was empty and dark.

I was alone.

And it scared me a bit.

A kind fear began to engulf,

Which I never experienced before

I felt drained and exhausted.

I realised my foolishness 

I repelled those who stood with me, 

Those who cared, those who loved...

I showered all my anger at them.

They hanged on, in vain. 


Finally, but not late, 

I realise my mistakes

The damage is irrevocable. 

I admit.   

But the road is still halfway. 

Let the journey continue.

Not alone, but together.

Not as master and slaves,

But as equals.

The road is still halfway...

.................

(011022)

No comments: